1100 Zephyr with ZZR1100 wheels (pictures)

-- Termine und mehr --

Stammtische: KawasakiS NRW 06.04.2024 in Krefeld

Treffen: (27.) 28.-30.6.24: NEUHOF | 25.- 28.7.24: Bad Aibling | ALLE 2024

• Hi!

Maybe some of you remember me asking about fitting ZZR wheels to a Zephyr 1100. Well, I've now managed to do that and here's the result. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions about this matter!

Cheers,

Mara
    Helsinki
    Finland

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mara ()

• Terve Mara!

So you really did put the Kerker 4-1 on! As the captain said: Looks terrific! How does it sound like? What about the performance?

Markus

• Thanks guys! :)

I have to say it handles much better with the ZZR wheels, not to mention it looks better. It's bastard of a job to do though - took me 5 visits to my local machine shop and hours and hours of measuring, but now the wheels are spot on center and all brakes work as they did before.

The Kerker itself is a story of its own. I ordered it from Klasmo. There was some mixup in the delivery and I got a pipe for the Z900. Well, accidents happen and Thomas in Klasmo was very understanding and sent me the right one and I now have the system fitted. It runs very low to the ground and I've scraped it a couple of times allready. Now I know the limits of it and take more care in bumpy roads. It looks and sounds great and it should sound even better when I get a 1.5" competition baffle for it from Klasmo!

BTW, I'm looking for a set of "heckhöherlegung" for the swingarm. Maybe that will help with the groundclearance a bit...

As far as the performance goes - it feels more powerfull but maybe the sound adds to the feeling. I'm having the valves adjusted as we speak and after that I'll take it to the dynobench and we'll see how the mixture is. I'll post the graph as soon as I get it!

Mara

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mara ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!